Monday, October 13, 2014

I've got a joke for you...

So, a lady walks into her OB's office, 28wks and pregnant with her 8th child....  Her doc tells her it's TWINS!!!!!!
Whaaaa????
That's right, twins, and thanks to health insurance woes I had no idea until 28wks. It was probably for the best, lol!  Thankfully I know how to be pregnant, and the girls are great (yes, TWIN GIRLS).

So, I thought I would do a little FAQ of the questions I have been getting in real life. I figure that maybe, some of this will be helpful for another mama (possibly of many) who finds herself with older children and expecting twins.

Do twins run in your family?
  Not on my side.  I figure this is my "Welcome to 40" gift package.

What do the children think?
   They are soooo excited! Yes, even my teens are thrilled.  Before I was pregnant my 16yr old ds was asking when we would have another.  Apparently, twins is even better.

What does your husband think?
   It was his idea.  Seriously, my reaction and his reaction was the same;  uncontrollable laughter. We laughed and laughed.

Did you want twins?
   Ummm, no. Well, maybe in some alternate reality.  I am thrilled to be having twins, though.

Did you know you were pregnant with twins before you went to the doctor?
   No, but, I had really bad morning sickness.  It was all day, and very intense; though I did not throw up (because I am stubborn like that).  I also gained weight really quickly;  that was my first tip off that I was pregnant- 5lb gain in the 1st few weeks!  Then right before I went to my first OB apt. I saw myself in the mirror and thought, "Woah! I'm really big, maybe it is twins." (all my friends, who have had twins assured me I was not!)

So that's what I've got for now. I hope to update as things move along. I did a ton of Internet research and found very few blogs of large/ largish families expecting or having twins (they are probably just to overwhelmed, lol).  I did find one by a very nice lady at largefamiliesonpurpose.com  They have 9 dc too, and had twin girls at the end. She has good organizational info!

TTFN,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment